Equity Staffing has a great opportunity as a Scheduler/Planner with one of our large oil and gas clients in Middletown, PA!
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Scheduler/Planner in the oil and gas industry and expert knowledge of Primavera P6. This is a great opportunity to join an energy leader in North America!
At the senior level of the construction project management family the focus of this position is to take on increasingly challenging assignments that support project requirements, be able to work independently, and able to coordinate the management team for execution alignment.
The primary focus of the Project Scheduler is to develop, detail, expand and maintain project schedules for one or more projects managed by the department. The planning and schedule development will be done in conjunction with other stakeholders within the project teams.
Provides logistics/scheduling related technical support and manages project schedules to assigned internal client groups for planning, procurement, development, construction and maintenance activities by:
• Adhering to enterprise scheduling standards for development and implementation of schedules, ensures standards are current, e.g., Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Updating, revising, and detailing for schedules as projects progress through development and execution stages, e.g., updating the schedules based on earned-value data from the Field Construction Analysts and other sources of construction tracking and reporting information
• Assist with interpreting performance of scheduled activities and communicating issues to the Project Manager, e.g., analyzing the impacts that schedule updates will have on baseline plans, ensuring resource requirements for schedules are incorporated at planning stages and continuously developed through the project lifecycle,
• Developing and managing schedule performance indicators
• Providing technical advice related to scheduling/planning/logistics. Developing detailed “what-if” schedules as requested to communicate options to the project team, identifying critical path elements and associated logic driven options, etc.
• Representing the department by providing advice and coordination of internal projects and associated external activities, e.g., customers, partners, consultants, etc.
• Providing technical and business advice on the preparation and disposition of documents required for project completion, e.g., providing reports, schedules, updates and input as required regarding scheduling and planning for the projects
• Interface with the various stakeholders on the project team and other key stakeholders to receive the information required for accurate and timely critical-path management of the project schedules.
• Impact of this role is typically confined to the immediate work unit or project, will interact with external stakeholders as needed under the guidance of a senior level employee.
• Recommendations reviewed for accuracy
• Provides guidance to junior and intermediate planners/schedulers
• Verbal and written communication typically consists of the collection and relay of complex technical facts and analysis of business implications
• Required to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical staff
• Reports directly to the Supervisor of Project Controls
• Office environment
• Overnight business or construction field trips may be required
• Expectation to produce required reports and cost data in a timely manner
• Occasional travel to field worksite locations. May require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Technical college diploma or university degree in a related field
• 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Aptitude and communications skills related to acting independently as a senior logistics/scheduling professional
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload in a fast paced and dynamic environment and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Possess an aptitude for successfully building relationships with project staff, internal and external stakeholders.
• Expert level knowledge of Primavera P6