Plan and lead the provision of contractual support to all respective functions within Marketing, Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International (AMI), including the preparation, evaluation, negotiation and finalizing of contracts with all aspects of Contracts Management in coordination with Legal function and in compliance with ADNOC policies and procedures. Supervise and control the accurate documentation and timely provision of all information for all contracts to relevant Units for execution.
Review and monitor the implementation of contracts, and alert management on matters related to potential risk and liability.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
• Develop policies, procedures, standards and guidelines for handling of contractual requirements in close consultation with the respective Units within the Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International, ensuring ADNOC's technical and commercial interests are contractually safeguarded, while the mode of the contracts implementation complies with Company's procedures and commercial policies.
• Lead the periodic review and update of Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International manual and procedures in consultation with respective Units to achieve quality oriented and cost-effective contract process, including negotiation and solutions for post-contact problems.
• Provide specialized input for development and implementation of internal control framework for contract processes in order to enhance business effectiveness and efficiency.
Need Analysis (Pre-Contract Phase)
• Partner with relevant Units in Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International to identify requirements and ultimate goals that require contractual services; lead the identification and defining of risks for potential scenarios that could occur over the lifetime of the contract and recommend mitigation plans, ensuring the business is financially protected while ADNOC's business relationship with partners is strengthened.
• Develop, review, modify and finalize all Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International Contracts and Master Supply Purchase Agreements in coordination with Legal function, ensuring that the required aspects of the contracts are performed according to ADNOC policies and procedures.
• Review and finalize required Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) with all Clients to contractually safeguarded and fully protected ADNOC's interests at all times.
• Monitor the execution of all Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International contracts and lead the review of all relevant information to prepare timely and accurate management information covering the contract lifecycle to meet deadlines and deliver required outcomes.
• Supervise and review the drafting and preparation of assignment letters, side letters, letter of indemnity and any other related documentations from all Units within Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International in line with approved contract procedures.
• Review and analyse contractual claims, including force majeure and breaches, and recommend appropriate settlement accordingly taking into account the Legal and contractual framework, and evaluate the outcome to be implemented to solve the issues in coordination with the Concerned Departments.
• Participate in finalizing of Third Party Inspections regarding quantity and quality of shipments to review and finalize the best conditions and offers.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
Contract Administration, Governance & Compliance
• Review the amendments/changes in the contract document requested by ADNOC Clients in coordination with Legal function and make necessary amendments and recommendations accordingly ensuring ADNOC's interest are safeguarded/protected.
• Review and validate all Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International contracts and advise renewal process to avoid risks.
• Review and recommend standard forms for simplification of work procedure.
• Recommend termination or suspension of running contracts and suggest solutions based on Clients financial and contractual performance.
• Review, analyse, validate reports regarding existing contracts and renewals and ensure timely and accurate maintenance of record for all sales contract-related correspondence and documentation to ensure contract execution in accordance with Company Policies & Procedures.
• Review tenders and offers highlighting contractual risks.
• Review tender criteria as well as draft special conditions when needed for inclusion in contract document.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department's budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Department objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved performance objectives for the Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
• Frequent contacts with the personnel in all Units within Supply & Trading Directorate and ADNOC Marketing International up to Department Managers level to coordinate the preparations and amendments of contracts.
• Regular contacts with Legal function to discuss various legal and contractual issues.
• Occasional contacts with ADNOC Group Companies for related contract coordination.
External Communications & Working Relationships
• Frequent contacts Local/international vendors, consultants and professional organizations.
• Regular Contact with ADNOC's partners and customers for contractual negotiations.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management or equivalent. Degree in Law is preferable.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• 8 years of experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical industry, at least 3 of which should have been in contracts coordinator position.
• Excellent knowledge of International Laws (Rules & Regulations) pertaining to Oil & Gas Industry, mainly US, UK & UAE laws.
• Experience in drafting, negotiation and processing of contracts/agreements such as Sales, Commercial etc. and handling claims.
• Experience in arbitration process and its requirements in both legal and contractual aspects.
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
Minimal - regular walking, standing and keyboard use, as required.
• Air conditioned office environment,
• Exposed to prevailing weather conditions while visiting outside.
Job Family / Sub Family: Commercial / Contracts
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart
Group Company: ADNOC HQ
May 12, 2022