Fully Remote Senior Tax Manager! Oil & Gas, Sign on Bonus!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Keith Fletcher
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.A Bit About Us
Growing public accounting firm.
Currently they are looking for a Senior Tax Manager specializing in Oil & Gas Fully Remote!!!
Why join us?
Insurance, including health, dental and vision, that begin on day one
20+ days of paid time off and 12 paid holidays
Parental leave, family care leave, and personal days
401(k) plans and profit sharing
Education assistance program, qualified transportation reimbursement plan, and pet insuranceJob Details
- Provide corporate and partnership tax compliance and advisory services to a variety of clients in our Energy and Natural Resources practice group, including public companies, private companies and owner-managed businesses
- Assist in connection with the evaluation of purchase or sale of mineral interests, including tax planning related to the transaction and entity structuring, purchase price allocation and related cash flow
- Advise clients regarding partnership taxation and related operating agreements; drilling and lease contracts; and operating agreements to determine the best method of investment.
- Work as part of a coordinated client service approach, working with other practice units to provide industry knowledge and insight to clients in a variety of industries
- Supervise team and leverage their skills and abilities to effectively and efficiently complete engagements
- Review work papers prepared by staff as necessary to comply with applicable tax law and firm policy
- Manage consulting and research-related efforts, including implementing new tax strategies, correspondence, meetings and client development
- High level of knowledge and experience with industry specific tax areas such as percentage depletion, intangible drilling costs, working interests, tangible vs. intangible cost classification as well as elections and related tax credits and incentives.
- Develop new clients through new business development efforts, and identify opportunities for tax planning and other services
- Recruit, train, and retain staff using the firm’s formal mentoring program and through informal performance reviews, on-the-job training, and post-engagement debriefings
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA, or JD with law license required; Masters in Taxation preferred
- Minimum of eight years of public accounting experience, providing tax compliance and consulting services
- Industry experience in Oil & Gas is required
- Strong client relationship skills, strong accounting and analytical skills, and strong research proficiency
- Excellent project management, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.