IT System Analyst
- Direct Hire; salary negotiable
- Houston, TX - 77042
- Onsite M-Th (Remote on Fridays)
- Interview Process: 1st round - phone screen; 2nd round – face to face (1-2, depending on availability of team)
- Fantastic benefits - 100% paid for employee & family; 401K, PTO starts at 3 weeks in increases with tenure
- Must be able to work for any employer without current or future sponsorship needs - no sponsorship given
The System Analyst will work in a team that is the primary interface between business units and IT. He/she will analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and recommend and implement technical solutions by working with Sr Business Analysts, System Analysts and/or outside contractors as directed by the Director of Applications. This position will be a primary support for production systems.
•Manage live systems, patching, upgrades, outages and deployments
• Databases, expertise in writing SQL Scripts, managing SQL Agent and Jobs, overall database administration (DBA), SQL server patching and familiarity with tools such as Solarwinds DPA is a must
• High level expertise in SSIS, SSRS, relational data model design
• Ability to program in Microsoft.NET (C#) or Python is preferred
• Familiarity with PowerBI, Tabular and data modeling is a plus (but not necessary to apply)
• Provide support, research application/data issues, identify deficiencies and/or data integrity issues and propose remediation solutions for all key applications supported by the IT Applications group.
• Testing - Review and test new upgrades to Enertia and other applications and provide support during implementation and/or upgrades. Conduct Testing including generating test scripts, conduct test sessions with business users and prepare SOX documentation
• Training - Provide end user training on the Enertia and other in-house created applications. Develop training materials under the guidance of senior resources and management.
• Data & Reports - Create reports and data extracts as needed by business. Identify opportunities for optimization of data integration processes between all supported software.
• Project Management - Generate project plans as needed on small to medium sized projects. Conduct meetings, track status and milestones and provide management with summarized and actionable updates.
• Implement solutions, perform analysis and other duties as assigned relating to any system the Applications Group supports or as directed by Manager.
• Communicate status to management proactively
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 3+ years of progressive experience as a Developer, Programmer, Technical Analyst or Backend Analyst
• In addition to being systems focused, this is also a user facing role, must be personable, a strong communicator and be able to manage user requests and issues in a calm, friendly and effective manner
• Ownership of systems and persistence in resolving issues is crucial
• Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Strong work ethic and personal integrity
• Ability to provide after hours’ support, needed from time to time and be on call is required
• Must be a strong communicator, will be responsible for sending company wide notices
• Ability to lead projects with limited supervision
• Technical knowledge and ability to easily converse with developers
• Prefer prior experience working with Oil and Gas companies. Knowledge of ERP software such as Enertia, Quorum, Waterfield, Bolo etc.
- Our client is proud to have been recognized as a top workplace by the Houston Chronicle four years in a row – 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Because they hire the best people, they work hard to provide a total rewards program that focuses on their employees’ goals and needs. They offer competitive, performance-based compensation packages and a best-in-class benefit program.