SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
Responsible for employing problem solving techniques to an array of technically oriented tasks to support the Upstream Technical Services Group within the SGS Oil, Gas, & Chemicals Services Division. This will include implementing technical solution strategies developed to support both internal and external customers. Acquire skills within the following areas:
- Hydrocarbon Measurement Hydrocarbon Production Process Analysis
- Hydrocarbon Allocation Equation of State Simulation Visual Basic Programming
- Systems Engineering
Employ problem solving techniques to an array of technically oriented tasks using engineering techniques.
Provide development and updating of allocation and surveillance tools.
Support troubleshooting measurement system and material imbalances (volumetric, mass, energy, and molecular).
Implement technical solutions that meet industry standards and regulatory requirements.
Assist in developing methods to improve technical processes.
Assist supporting the Upstream Field Services Group and Upstream Analytical Services Group as required.
Interface with clients as required.
Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Code of Integrity.Qualifications
- Bachelors degree (engineering discipline). Preferred mechanical, petroleum, or chemical engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 (two) years of practical post degree experience in an operation or technical environment.
- Engineer intern certification preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience in oil and gas operations are beneficial, though not required
- Good computer skills and analytical mind are prerequisite for the job.
- Able to work extended or abnormal hours when needed to meet business commitments.
- Off-site and field travel may be required
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
- Must be able to work within a team environment (assist, train, etc. co-workers) but works independently with minimal or no supervision.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.